College application checklist
For high school seniors, now is the time to start narrowing down their college lists and start getting serious about applying. To help you get organized, take a look at the following checklist to make sure you are on track.
- Try to finalize the list of colleges you want to apply to.
- Arrange campus visits to any colleges you want to apply to but still haven’t seen.
- Look at the application deadlines for each of the colleges you want to apply to. Also look at the early-decision deadlines.
- Finalize your college essay. Also check to see if the colleges you are applying to require additional essays.
- Request recommendations from teachers and guidance counselors.
- Start looking into scholarships.
- Take the ACT or SAT if you still need to.