Carrie Fisher's French bulldog makes a brief appearance in "Star Wars: The Last Jedi."
Eagle-eyed fans of the fan site Fantha Tracks spotted "Space Gary," the alien pet version of the pup, in a still photo featuring Finn (John Boyega).
- Zoo gets 'hippopotamus for Christmas'
- Google's top searches for 2017: Matt Lauer, Hurricane Irma
- Giant ancient penguin was human-sized
- Don't expect a big pay raise in 2018
- Queens of the Stone Age frontman 'truly sorry' for kicking photographer
- Man jumps on passing vehicle, strips naked fleeing accident
- Dennis Rodman proposes North Korea-Guam basketball game for peace
- Is the taxman coming for your steak?
- Woman burns down house trying to kill bed bugs
- Canadian man charged $18,000 by Uber for 5-mile ride
Fisher -- who died in December 2016 -- and Gary were inseparable. He is doing well under the care of Fisher's former assistant, Corby McCoin, and has continued to make public appearances, The Mercury News reported.
McCoin has said that keeping Gary in the public eye has helped fans grieve. The Daily Mail reported that Fisher's daughter, Billie Lourd, has been trying to block Gary's ongoing appearances, saying it cheapens the legacy of Fisher, who portrayed Princess-turned-General Leia.
Still, many fans were excited that the dog can be seen in the latest film in the "Star Wars" franchise, which opens Friday.
Here is "Space Gary," along with the question posted by Twitter user Clair Henry:
Director Rian Johnson confirmed the creature was inspired by Gary:
YES! Wow, good eyes. — Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) December 6, 2017