A Wisconsin woman's dog is walking again after she refused to euthanize the once-paralyzed pit bull.
Six-year-old Helios ran into a fence while chasing a squirrel in September, severely injuring his neck and leaving him paralyzed, WISN reported. His owner said she was told to put him down if he didn't show immediate improvement.
- Salvation Army volunteer rings bell with pet goat
- Zoo gets 'hippopotamus for Christmas'
- Carrie Fisher's French bulldog appears in 'Last Jedi'
- 3-D printing braces up sea turtle with gap in its shell
- Colorado's ski rescue dogs are the real-life Paw Patrol
- Science says dogs are smarter than cats
- Puppy found with ears cut off in Oklahoma
- Company to sell cannabis dog treats
- Dork, the beloved missing emu, dies
- FDA: Don't feed bone treats to dogs
But she didn't give up. Hoping to help him recover, she gave him steroid medication and reached out to a local pet store, WISN reported.
The store had a pool and an employee willing to work with him. With swim therapy, Helios got back on his feet in a matter of months, WISN reported.