After the wedding ceremony it's time for the bride and groom and all of their loved ones to have fun. Planning a reception that is both fun and beautiful can be easier said than done. Here are some tips to make your reception a successful event.
- Make sure all of your vendors are working off of signed contracts so that there are no last-minute surprises on the day of your wedding
- When having the tables arranged, make sure you have enough space between tables for people to walk around
- Make sure to no over-crowd people by seating too many people at each table
- Make sure the dance floor is big enough to accommodate your guests
- If you're planning an outdoor reception make sure to have a back-up lined up in case of bad weather
- Don't forget your younger guests. Planning special events - or giving them special gift bags -- that are kid friendly will go a long way with the children and their parents
- Get help. Even if you don't hire a wedding planner, make sure you have enough helpers on hand to help make sure the event runs smoothly
- Serve your guests dinner instead of having a buffet
- Be aware of your guests' time. Instead of making them wait in a long receiving line instead visit each table to thank everyone for coming
- Take care of your helpers and vendors. Make sure everyone gets to eat, gets breaks and has water on hand.
- Offer entertainment. In addition to music and dancing, consider adding other extras like a photobooth or a caricature station to amuse your guests.
- In addition to a traditional bar, also consider setting up a non-alcoholic bar of fun non-alcoholic drinks for non-drinkers and kids to enjoy
- Serve a mini-meal later in the reception, during the dancing portion, for guests who find themselves hungry again after the traditional meal.
Distributed by LAKANA. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.