Tips for the perfect wedding reception
After the wedding ceremony it's time for the bride and groom and all of their loved ones to have fun. Planning a reception that is both fun and beautiful can be easier said than done. Here are some tips to make your reception a successful event.
- Make sure all of your vendors are working off of signed contracts so that there are no last-minute surprises on the day of your wedding
- When having the tables arranged, make sure you have enough space between tables for people to walk around
- Make sure to no over-crowd people by seating too many people at each table
- Make sure the dance floor is big enough to accommodate your guests
- If you're planning an outdoor reception make sure to have a back-up lined up in case of bad weather
- Don't forget your younger guests. Planning special events – or giving them special gift bags -- that are kid friendly will go a long way with the children and their parents
- Get help. Even if you don't hire a wedding planner, make sure you have enough helpers on hand to help make sure the event runs smoothly
- Serve your guests dinner instead of having a buffet
- Be aware of your guests' time. Instead of making them wait in a long receiving line instead visit each table to thank everyone for coming
- Take care of your helpers and vendors. Make sure everyone gets to eat, gets breaks and has water on hand.
- Offer entertainment. In addition to music and dancing, consider adding other extras like a photobooth or a caricature station to amuse your guests.
- In addition to a traditional bar, also consider setting up a non-alcoholic bar of fun non-alcoholic drinks for non-drinkers and kids to enjoy
- Serve a mini-meal later in the reception, during the dancing portion, for guests who find themselves hungry again after the traditional meal.