PEMBROKE PINES, Fla. - Two people on a motorcycle were thrown from the bike after slamming into a vehicle Tuesday night in Pembroke Pines, police said.
The Pembroke Pines Police Department said officers and firefighters were called to the scene of the crash at Pines Boulevard and Northwest 168th Avenue about 8:30 p.m.
More News Headlines
- Florida man fed up with troublesome intersection intentionally causes…
- Teen burglary suspects in custody after police chase in West Miami
- Boy accused of crashing neighbor's stolen car gets 21 days of home detention
- 3 juveniles arrested after crashing stolen vehicle in Little Haiti, police say
- Motorcyclist without a helmet crashes in Northwest Miami-Dade
Sgt. Adam Feiner said Eugene Krug, 71, was driving a 2016 Lincoln west on Pines Boulevard when he turned into the path of a BMW motorcycle driven by Esteban Escobar, 32.
The motorcycle slammed into the Lincoln and threw Escobar and a passenger, Estefania Hoyos, 27, from the motorcycle, Feiner said.
Escobar and Hoyos were taken to Memorial Regional Hospital with life-threatening injuries, Feiner said. Krug was not injured.
The crash remains under investigation.
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.