Miami Beach building evacuated due to gas leak
Construction crews break gas line next to building
MIAMI BEACH, Fla. – A Miami Beach building was evacuated after a construction crew broke a nearby gas line Thursday afternoon.
The building, located at 22 Washington Ave., was evacuated as a precaution until the leak could be stopped.
Forty people were in the building, which stands across from Joe's Stone Crab, at the time of the break.
No injuries were reported.
The leak was capped about 5:45 p.m.
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.