Firefighters put out flames at Hialeah home
Unattended pot on stove believed to have started fire
HIALEAH, Fla. – Firefighters were called to a home in Hialeah after flames could be seen coming from the roof.
The fire broke out around 2:30 p.m. Friday at duplex on West 14th Street and Second Avenue.
Fire officials said every window and door had bars, making it hard for firefighters to enter the residence.
Firefighters eventually forced their way inside, extinguishing the fire that started in the kitchen area.
No injuries were reported, and it is unclear if anyone was inside the residence when the flames broke out.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation, but authorities believe it was started by an unattended pot found on the stove.
A team of Red Cross volunteers helped coordinate emergency aid for three families.
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.