Construction worker shocked in downtown Miami
Miami Fire Rescue: Man went into cardiac arrest
MIAMI – Paramedics performed CPR on a construction worker after he was shocked at a building in downtown Miami on Wednesday.
The construction worker, who is in his late 40s, was found unresponsive in the meter room of the two-story building, Miami Fire Rescue officials said.
Workers believed he may have come in contact with a high voltage wire. Authorities said the co-workers found him in cardiac arrest and called 911.
Fire crews performed CPR and took the worker to Jackson Memorial Hospital's Ryder Trauma Center.
The building appears to have some interior construction and renovation projects underway. Officials said the entrance to the building is used for a small restaurant called Soya & Pomodoro, as well as a personal storage area.
Traffic was affected in the area of Northeast First Avenue and First Street as authorities investigated the incident.
The city of Miami electrical inspector and a representative from the fire marshal's office were called.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.