77ºF

InterContinental Miami hotel displays breast cancer fighters' names

Breast cancer awareness month display will be on every weekend of October

MIAMI – You can now post the name of your favorite breast cancer fighter on a building in downtown.

All you need is $50 and the name of your fighter will appear on a 19-story digital canvas in the Miami skyline.

The InterContinental Miami hotel, 100 Chopin Plaza, is part of the "Canvas for the Cure" fundraiser to benefit Susan G. Komen Miami/Fort Lauderdale affiliate.

The affiliate funds screening, education and treatment initiatives in South Florida with 75 percent of the donations, and sends the other 25 percent to the Komen national breast cancer research fun.

ON THE WEB | Donate and submit name of honoree to be displayed on building