Sick tortoise swallowed turtle pendant, vet says
Cue the Alanis Morissette song...
How's this for ironic?
X-rays show a tortoise in Florida became sick after swallowing a pendant shaped like a turtle.
The 15-pound male African spurred tortoise named Lola was brought in to Miami's Avian & Exotic Animal Medical Center this past weekend, The Associated Press reported.
The turtle hadn't pooped for a month and began feeling sick.
Dr. Don Harris was stunned by an X-ray showing Lola had apparently swallowed a metal, turtle-shaped pendant.
The piece of jewelry had caused a blockage in the animal's digestive tract.
Lola's owner told Harris the pendant didn't look familiar, but Harris told the AP that tortoises sometimes swallow rocks and other objects while grazing.
Harris is now monitoring Lola in hopes that she'll pass the pendant on her own. If not, surgery will be needed.
Distributed by Internet Broadcasting. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.