8-year-old boy bitten by water moccasin in backyard
Boy listed in stable condition at Memorial Miramar
MIRAMAR, Fla. – An 8-year-old boy was rushed to a hospital after he was bitten by a snake in Miramar on Tuesday.
According to the child's father, the boy was playing in his backyard on Southwest 160th Avenue off Miramar Parkway, when he fell and landed on a water moccasin.
The snake was already gone when paramedics arrived at the home.
Miramar Fire Rescue officials said the boy was bitten on the hand and taken to Memorial Miramar.
Miami-Dade County's Venom Unit was flown to the hospital with antivenin.
The child is listed in stable condition and is expected to be OK.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.