Chili's, Domino's, Arby's ordered shut by state for violations
Roaches, rodents found at fast-food restaurants
State inspectors found 31 violations inside the Chili's at Pines Boulevard and 136th Street last week.
Violations were also found at an Arby's and a Domino's in Broward County.
All the places listed below were allowed to re-open following an ordered clean up and re-inspections.
Below is a list of the restaurants ordered shut and some of their violations.
13610 Pines Blvd.
"Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. 1 roach dropping behind oven on floor."
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. 1 live roach on cook line. 1 live on floor of cook line. 1 live on cook line storage shelf were bread is stored. 1 live on wall on back prep table where cans are stored. 1 live on wall of back prep area. 1 live on steam table. 1 live on fire wall above cook line."
"Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Chicken wings 45 degrees, prep yesterday. Discarded."
"Insect control device installed over food preparation area. In back prep area."
"Accumulation of black/green mold-like substance in the interior of the ice machine."
"Dead roaches on premises. 1 dead on wall behind prep 1 table on cook line below the plate storage shelf. 1 dead under reach in coolers on cook line. 4 dead in light shield by walk in cooler."
Chili's management released a statement about the closure.
"At Chili's, the health of our guests is always our top priority and we maintain very strict standards of quality, safety and cleanliness in our restaurants," the statement said. "Chili's takes isolated incidents such as this one very seriously and took immediate action to correct the situation. We apologize for how this team member reacted during this moment of stress, but we are working hard to ensure the cleanliness of this restaurant for our guests moving forward."
11755 Pines Blvd.
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. Observed approximately 15 live roaches. 1 live roach on wall under hand wash sink across from cook line with slicer. 1 live roach behind bread rack next to reach in cooler with microwave on top shelf across from cook line on left side. 2 live roaches behind reach in cooler with microwave and timer on top self across from cook line on left side of kitchen. 1 live on floor between oven and prep table with slicer across from compartment sink. 3 live running from underneath ovens in the back of kitchen. 1 live on bottom shelf of prep line across from reach in cooler with microwave and time. One line on floor behind bread rack. 2 on wall above bread rack. 1 live behind the oven. 1 live next to prep table with slicer in the back prep area. 2 on wall behind bread rack next to hand sink."
"Dead roaches on premises. Observed approximately 21 decade roaches. 1 dead roach under cook line. 2 dead on floor between wall and alto shaam hot holding cabinet. 1 dead behind large co2 tank in the back next to ice machine. 5 dead under dry storage shelf with single service item in the back of the kitchen next to and across from the walk in cooler. 5 dead on floor under front counter. 7 dead in draw at front line across from cash register. 1 dead on floor in front of water heater room. 1 dead on floor behind bread rack."
Jason C. Rollins, manager of public engagement for Arby's, released a statement about the closure.
"The restaurant was closed for 24 hours beginning on Dec. 9 while it was thoroughly cleaned," he said. "The restaurant was re-inspected by the local health department on Dec. 10 and given a clean bill of health. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and food quality for our guests, and we're glad this issue was quickly resolved."
2400 W. Commercial Blvd.
Based on complaint
"Rodent activity present as evidenced by rodent droppings found. One black and shinny dropping found on top of cove molding rear door. Approximately 5 black and shiny droppings observed under pizza dough pans next to soda cooler."
"Buildup of food debris/soil residue on equipment door handles."
"Accumulation of food debris/grease/plaster dust on food-contact surface. Plaster dust coating inside of pizza boxes, top of oven, inside of conveyor oven, top of food prep tables, pizza prep station, pizza dough pans."
"Manager lacking proof of food manager certification and no other certified food service manager employed at this location."
Domino's spokesman Tim McIntyre released a statement about the closing.
"We initially closed the store for remodeling," he said. "During the inspection process prior to reopening, the health inspector found a number of items we were able to address and solve quickly, which allowed us to reopen. We are very serious about the quality and safety of our food and would never consciously overlook health code regulations, nor our own rigorous standards."
2491 N. Dixie Highway
Also shut 10/7/13
"Food contact equipment not being sanitized. Prep tables at cook line, slicer, griddle, and coolers at cook line contaminated by live and dead roaches."
"Interior of reach-in cooler soiled with accumulation of food residue. Flip top cooler at cook line soiled with dead roaches inside."
"Clean utensils or equipment stored in dirty container. Clean lids stored on soiled container with debris and roaches at the cook line. Plates at cook line stored on contaminated shelf with dead roach at cook line."
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. Observed approximately 4 live roaches inside flip top cooler at cook line, 1 live by the microwave, 5 live above the rice cooker, 1 live by the table top griddle, 1 live on electrical outlet near the steam table, 6 live under chair at cook line, 3 live on floor at cook line, 24 live under prep table near flip top cooler at cook line, 6 live on side of flip top cooler at cook line, 2 live on gaskets at victory cooler at cook line, 5 live inside clean lid storage container at cook line, 2 live under tortilla storage container at cook line, 2 live under prep table next to stove at cook line, 1 roach casing on top of prep table at cook line next to stove, 1 live on top of doorway at cook line, 3 live under wood table by slicer , 2 live on slicer and 1 live on utensil storage cart near ice machine."
"License is expired and is more than 60 after expiration date."
Copyright 2014 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.