4 hurt in Miami apartment fire
Resident says he believes cables under bed sparked fire
MIAMI – Four people were treated for non-life threatening injuries when a fire broke out inside a Miami apartment building early Wednesday morning.
The fire broke out in a corner unit on the second floor of 2150 NW Ninth St., where Juan Abascal, 69, lives.
"I thought I was going to die," he told Local 10 News. "When I fell to the floor, I said, 'This is it.'"
Firefighters were able to rescue Abascal once he crawled out of his apartment. He was treated at the scene for shortness of breath.
Two other residents in the five-story building were treated at the scene, but one victim was taken to the hospital in an ambulance with unknown injuries.
Investigators believe an electrical outlet is to blame.
Abascal told Local 10 News that he had cables under his bed which sparked the fire.
"Probably it was a short," Abascal said.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter@WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.