FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. – A 20-year-old man accused of orchestrating a November 2013 gang rape of a teenage girl at his Hollywood home has rejected a final plea offer from the state.
During a hearing Wednesday, prosecutors offered Jayvon Woolfork a plea deal of 10 years in prison followed by five years of probation.
Woolfork rejected the deal, telling the Broward County judge that he wants a trial.
Two men and two 17-year-old girls accepted plea deals in the case and received sentences of two to four years in prison.
Police said the group lured the victim to Woolfork's home, then beat and raped her while recording the incident.
Earlier this month, Woolfork lashed out during a court hearing, telling the judge, "Where's the DNA at? What evidence do you have?"
He also became outraged after prosecutor Maria Schneider said Woolfork gave a statement admitting that he had intercourse with the victim.
"Hold on now, she said she was raped," Woolfork responded. "Where's the evidence showing that she was raped? Where's that evidence at?"
Woolfork's trial is scheduled to begin July 20. He faces life in prison if convicted by a jury.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10