Hazmat team responds to gas leak in Miami
Authorities say work crew accidentally hit gas line
MIAMI – A Miami Department of Fire-Rescue hazardous materials team was called to a gas leak Tuesday morning.
The leak was reported just before 9:30 a.m. in the area of Southwest 17th Avenue and Fourth Street.
Capt. Ignatius Carroll said the surrounding area was evacuated as a precaution until the leak could be addressed by the gas company.
The leak has since been capped, and residents were allowed to return to their homes and businesses a few hours after the leak was reported.
Authorities said a work crew accidentally struck the gas line earlier in the morning.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.