Southwest Miami-Dade house fire possibly sparked by lightning
No injuries reported
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. – Miami-Dade firefighters extinguished a house fire that was possibly sparked by lightning Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.
The fire was reported in the area of Southwest 123rd Street and 99th Avenue.
Fire Rescue officials said no one was inside the home at the time and no injuries were reported.
The incident came as Florida Power & Light reported thousands of power outages due to stormy weather in Broward and Miami-Dade counties.
It's unclear how much damage the home sustained.
Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10
Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.