WILTON MANORS, Fla. – Police are searching for a man involved in several armed robberies at stores throughout South Florida.
Surveillance cameras show a man entering the Publix store at 100 West Oakland Park Boulevard in Wilton Manors on Dec. 9 at 1:52 p.m. and demanding money at the public service counter while displaying a semi-automatic handgun he had in his waistband at the store’s sales associate.
The man then fled westbound on foot without any money from the store and got into a car waiting for him on the west side of the building. He has been seen getting into an older model, possibly a 1997-1999 gray, silver or tan-colored four-door Nissan Sentra or similar style vehicle with a rear spoiler.
The man is white or Hispanic and was wearing what appeared to be a black or dark-colored T-shirt with unknown words and a picture of an animal, possibly a dog, in white screen-print on the front side of the shirt. He was also wearing plaid shorts, white sneakers and a black or dark-colored fedora with white plaid stripes.
It appears that the man wore similar clothing in each store he robbed. He would reportedly go into the store and displayed a handgun while demanding money.
The subject is responsible for committing the following armed robberies in Florida:
- Oct. 31: Publix, 8989 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach, $523.06 and cigarettes
- Dec. 6: Family Dollar, 577 NW Prima Vista Blvd., Port St. Lucie, $200 and cigarettes
- Dec. 7: Winn Dixie, 7960 US Hwy 1, Barefoot Bay $1083 and cigarettes
- Dec. 9: Publix, 100 W Oakland Park Blvd., NO LOSS
- Dec. 9: Publix, 4771 W Atlantic Ave, Delray Beach, $1200 and cigarettes
- Monday: Winn Dixie, 1105 NE Jensen Beach Blvd., Jensen Beach, $1100 and cigarettes
- Wednesday: Publix, 1395 SW Martin Highway, Palm City, unknown amount of cash, milk, and cigarettes
- Thursday: Winn Dixie, 200 block of Southwest Port St. Lucie Boulevard, unknown amount of cash, Advil and cigarettes
WMPD is asking for the public's help identifying the man. If you recognize and know who the subject is or have any information on the robberies, you are asked to contact police at 954-390-2150; WMPD Detective Owens at email@example.com; or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477), 1-866-493-TIPS (8477) or text “BCS” along with your tips to CRIMES (274637).
An award is available through the Broward Crime Stoppers for information leading to an arrest of the man responsible for these robberies.