91ºF

Man burned while rewiring A/C unit at Aldi in Plantation

35-year-old taken to Broward Health Medical Center with serious burns to body

A man was burned while working on an air conditioning unit at the new Aldi store in Plantation.
A man was burned while working on an air conditioning unit at the new Aldi store in Plantation.

PLANTATION, Fla. – A man was taken to a hospital Wednesday morning with serious burns to his body after he suffered an electrical shock while working on electrical wiring at a new grocery store, a Plantation Fire Department spokesman said.

The 35-year-old man was shocked while rewiring an air conditioning unit attached to the Aldi grocery store being built at 12100 W. Sunrise Blvd.

He was taken to Broward Health Medical Center with serious burns to his upper body.

The man works for Sigler Air Conditioning in Miami Springs.


About the Author: