Cuba travel: OFAC license

Feds don't need to authorize most travel to Cuba


MIAMI – U.S. travelers to Cuba who meet the 12 authorized categories need not apply for a travel license from the federal government.  

The U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control issued a general license to travel to Cuba under the 12 categories in accordance with the U.S. embargo

The general license applies to private boats, commercial passenger ferries and aircraft, according to federal authorities

About the Author: