Teen dies after hickey causes stroke
MEXICO CITY, Mexico – A 17-year-old boy reportedly died after doctors believe a hickey from his girlfriend caused a stroke.
According to a report by Independent, Julio Macias Gonzalez had convulsions while he was eating dinner with his family in Mexico City. He had previously spent the evening with his girlfriend.
Doctors believe the suction of the hickey resulted in a blood clot, which traveled to Gonzalez's brain and caused the stroke, according to Mexican media reports.
Gonzalez's parents blame their son's girlfriend and believe she is in hiding.
In 2011, a 44-year-old woman in New Zealand suffered a stroke and partial paralysis from a hickey. She later lost the use of her arm.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.