Fire erupts in garage of Deerfield Beach home
Overstuffed dryer caused fire, authorities say
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. – A fire broke out early Monday inside the garage of a home in Deerfield Beach, authorities said.
Broward Sheriff's Office Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles said firefighters were called to the home in the 1300 block of Southwest Sixth Way about 5 a.m.
Jachles said shutters were still up from Hurricane Matthew and people were inside the home when the fire somehow started in the garage.
No injuries were reported.
Jachles said the fire was caused by the homeowners overstuffing the dryer with clothes.
The rest of the house did not sustain significant damage.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.