2 sexual assault victims file lawsuit against Little Haiti educational center
Victims claim school knew their attacker posed a risk
LITTLE HAITI, Fla. – A lawsuit has been filed against the owners of Bola Education Center after two young girls claim they were sexually assaulted by another student.
The suit, filed on Nov. 11 on behalf of the two victims, seeks $15,000 each from the school and alleges that the school had knowledge that Emmanuel Ogunmodede had molested children in the past, "yet allowed (him) access to children" and "failed to warn the children and their parents of the danger."
Ogumodede was arrested in 2014 after two minors accused the 16-year-old of molestation, police said.
Last week Miami police asked for any other child who had fallen victim to Ogunmodede to come forward as the department believes there may be other victims.
One of the children said she was 5 years old when Ogunmodede forced her to perform oral sex on him on Aug. 4, 2014 inside the bathroom of the learning center, located at 701 NE 80th Terrace.
Ogunmodede was arrested on Aug. 26, 2014, on a charge of sexual battery on a minor by a minor.
Another girl said that on New Year's Day 2014 she was forced to touch Ogunmodede and perform oral sex on him while inside a bathroom at the school when she was 3 years old.
Ogunmodede was arrested July 28 on a charge of sexual battery on a minor by a minor.
The lawsuit claims one count of negligence on the part of the school and attorneys for the two victims are seeking a jury trial.
Anyone who has been victimized by Ogunmodede is asked to call Miami Police Department at 305-603-6300.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.