1 injured in apartment fire in Margate
Firefighters respond to The Laurels at Margate
MARGATE, Fla. – Firefighters rescued a man from an apartment fire on Saturday in Margate.
The 54-year-old man was a resident of The Laurels at Margate development, according to Margate Fire Rescue Capt. Matthew Whiteshield.
Eduardo Nuñez said the smoke was coming from his neighbor's kitchen. Fire Chief Dan Booker said firefighters found the man "in his bedroom, face down, unconscious.
Margate Fire Rescue took the man, who was in critical condition, to Northwest Medical Center, Whiteshield said.
Local 10 News' Melissa Alvarez contributed to this report.
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.