17-year-old surrenders after North Lauderdale Kwik Stop shooting
Detectives seek 2 others who fled scene
NORTH LAUDERDALE, Fla. – A 17-year-old boy turned himself in to police earlier this month for his alleged involvement in a shooting at a Kwik Stop in North Lauderdale.
Broward Sheriff's Office deputies said Danny Diaz contacted his attorney to make arrangements for his surrender. Diaz turned himself in on March 2.
Authorities released surveillance images last month of the teen, who they said shot the victim Feb. 23 outside the convenience store at 7120 Kimberly Blvd.
Renver Lopez, 21, was shot once and fell to the ground. He was taken by North Lauderdale Fire Rescue to Broward Health North. Lopez survived the shooting.
Detectives said Diaz and two others ran away after the shooting.
Authorities released surveillance images Tuesday of the two other people with Diaz, with whom they wish to speak.
Anyone with information about their identities is asked to call Detective Timothy Metz at 954-321-4213 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. It's unclear whether they will be charged with a crime.
Diaz faces an attempted murder charge.
A motive for the shooting has not been released.
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.