72ºF

Battery charger sparks fire in shed near Broward County home

Courtesy: Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue
Courtesy: Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue

BROWARD COUNTY, Fla. – A battery charger sparked a fire Monday inside a shed near a home in Broward County, authorities said.

The fire was reported at 3:20 p.m. at 1251 NW 29th Way.

Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue spokesman Mike Jachles said fuel inside the 20-by-20 shed caused the fire to spread.

Courtesy: Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue
Courtesy: Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue

Photos show heavy damage to the shed. At least one dirt bike was destroyed in the fire and several ATVs appeared to be damaged.

It's unclear whether anyone was inside the shed when it caught fire. 


About the Author: