2 men, dog found poisoned by carbon monoxide in Tamarac home
Suicide note found with 1 victim, deputies say
TAMARAC, Fla. – Two people are dead after being poisoned by carbon monoxide at a Tamarac home, authorities said.
Broward Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Gina Carter said two men, who were roommates, and a dog were found dead in the home at 7932 Exeter Circle West.
The victims were identified as Michael Payson, 64, and Thomas J. Boyle, 72.
Carter said rescuers arrived and encountered a strong smell of gas. She said a car was left running in the garage overnight and a suicide note was found with Payson who was inside the car.
"This appears to have been a suicide and accidental death," Carter said.
Carter said the suicide note made no mention of Boyle and the dog. In fact, authorities said the note had instructions for Boyle to notify Payson's family of his death.
Detectives believe that Boyle was trying to comply with his roommate's request when he and his dog were overcome by the gas that was getting into the home.
Anyone with further information is asked to call Detective Zachary Scott at 954-321-4162.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.