62ºF

Man dies after falling into tank of sulfuric acid

photo

SOUTH LYON, Mich. – A worker at a pipe supply company died after falling into a vat of sulfuric acid.

The unidentified man was rushed to the hospital after falling into the acid on Saturday afternoon in South Lyon, Michigan, WDIV reports.

According to law enforcement officials, the acid was at least 160 degrees when the man fell into the tank.

There is no word on how long the man had been in the acid before he was pulled out or how he fell.