DAVIE, Fla. - When police officers were chasing Karl "Chris" Monroe, they said they saw him stick out his hand and throw out cocaine out on the street, as he stepped on the accelerator.
Davie Police Department officers were chasing the 35-year-old convicted felon because he was suspected of selling heroin and crack cocaine from a tan 2014 Buick LaCrosse in East Davie.
More Davie Headlines
- Davie man arrested on animal cruelty charges after dog's death
- Woman burns supervisor's face over missing cash in Davie, police say
- High school student in critical condition after being struck by SUV in Davie
- Suspect arrested months after teen beaten with pool cue in Davie
- $20,000 reward offered for information a year after fatal hit-and-run in Davie
- Motorcyclist injured after going off ramp on I-595 in Davie
Cocaine, marijuana and running away from police officers isn't new to him. Monroe's criminal record from 2004 to 2017 includes five felony convictions. Detectives believe he is also not afraid of using fake identities.
During the Jan. 26 chase, the officers said he nearly crashed into several vehicles before they let him get away in his wife's white 2012 Audi Q5. They were still searching for him Tuesday evening.
Detectives were asking anyone with information about Monroe's whereabouts to call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 354-493-8477.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.