LIGHTHOUSE POINT, Fla. - FBI agents are searching for a robber who they believe targeted two bank branches this month in Broward County.
The latest robbery was reported just before 4:30 p.m. Thursday at a Bank United branch at 2500 N. Federal Highway in Lighthouse Point.
More Bank Robbery Headlines
- FBI seeks information about 2 bank robberies in Fort Lauderdale
- Robber leaves behind device inside Wells Fargo Bank in Margate
- 'Business Bandit' targets BB&T Bank branch in Deerfield Beach
- Accused serial robber from West Park arrested, FBI announces
- Serial bank robber suspected in TD Bank robbery in Aventura, FBI says
- KSAT: Bank robber steals cash, sanitizes counter top and door handles on way out
- Man robs Chase Bank branch in Hollywood at gunpoint, FBI says
FBI spokesman Jim Marshall said the robber entered the bank, approached a teller and demanded money.
No customers were inside the bank at the time of the robbery, Marshall said.
Marshall said investigators believe the same robber targeted a Wells Fargo Bank branch at 6245 N. Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale on Feb. 2.
The amount of money taken during both robberies was not disclosed.
Anyone with information about the robber's identity is asked to call the FBI at 754-703-2000 or Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.