DANIA BEACH, Fla. - State inspectors found an employee at The Field Irish Pub & Eatery scratching an open wound and preparing food, records stated.
Inspectors showed up at The Field, at 3281 Griffin Road in Dania Beach, based on a complaint.
An inspector with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation noted 42 violations.
The Florida Department of Health also opened and conducted a food borne illness investigation based on that complaint.
Donna Richards said she and three others recently ate at the restaurant and got sick.
"Three of us got food poisoning. We all ate different things, but the three of us had beef," Richards said. "I had the prime rib, one had the shepherd's pie and the other had the meat loaf. (I) called the manager and he blew me off and was a bit rude. My friend also called and got the same reaction. So we called the health department."
The Broward County Health Department conducted a food borne illness investigation and provided Local 10 News with reports.
The Field was not ordered shut, but was re-inspected by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation.
Local 10 News reporter Jeff Weinsier spoke to Hilary Joyalle, who owns The Field. She said she was devastated by the incident.
"We are working around the clock to fix all the problems," she said.
Joyalle said hundreds of people were served the same food the night that Richards got sick and only three people reported feeling ill.
Below is a list of some of the violations found at the restaurant.
***The Field Irish Pub & Eatery
3281 Griffin Road
Inspection based on complaint
Inspection date: June 23
42 violations found
"Employee with infected sore/cut/burn/wound on hand or wrist without two layers of impermeable protection on the wound is handling food, clean equipment or utensils, or unwrapped single-service items. Prep lady with healing wound on forehand not covered, employee scratching wound and using arm to roll sausage roll dough."
"Bare hand contact with ready-to-eat food while the establishment is under a food borne illness investigation. Cook touching ready to eat foods to plate, bagging cooked meat loaf, was told then washed."
"Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cooked/heated yesterday/on a previous day not cooled from 135 degrees Fahrenheit to 41 degrees Fahrenheit within a total of 6 hours. Food has been cooling overnight. See stop sale. 1)Bagged chicken wings 50°, 2) Walk-in, cooked meat loaf sliced 46°, 3)cooked prime rib 49°, 4)Sheppard pie ground beef cooked 50°, 5) Sheppard pie in casserole dish 49°-47°. Stop sale. **Repeat Violation**."
"Stop Sale issued on potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food due to temperature abuse. Walk-in, cooked meatloaf sliced 46°, cooked prime rib 49°. Sheppard pie ground beef cooked 50°, in casserole dish 49°-47°, bagged chicken wings. **Repeat Violation**."
"potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) foods in walk-in cooler cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Walk-in, cooked meatloaf sliced 46°, cooked prime rib 49°. Sheppard pie ground beef cooked 50°, in casserole dish 49°-47°, bagged chicken wings 50° overnight in Walk-in cooler."
Dead roaches on premises. 1)1 dead roach is n shelf over mixer, cleaned area, 2) dry storage area, next to soda boxes, cleaned, Corrected On-Site**3) 1 under booth in back Nautical dining room, roaches cleaned up and area sanitized, . **Corrected On-Site**
"Soda gun soiled. Bar. **Repeat Violation**"
"Soil residue in food storage containers, dry seasonings, stacked touching seasonings underneath it."
"Accumulation of RUST around soda lines in back room wait station, next to kitchen, in ice holder."
"Encrusted material on can opener blade. Rusty **Repeat Violation**."
"Interior of microwave soiled with encrusted food debris."
"Live, small flying insects in kitchen, food preparation area, or food storage area. Fruit flies in corner next to mixer and outside bar."
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.