HOMESTEAD, Fla. - China King in Homestead was ordered shut last week after an inspector with the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation found 50 violations, including 75 live roaches in the kitchen.
PHOTOS: China King
China King Restaurant
165 NE 8th Street
Inspection Date 8/2/12
31 Critical Violations
19 Non-Critical Violations
- "Critical. Observed roach activity as evidenced by live roaches found 75 plus live roaches present in the kitchen under food prep area, observed one live roach in reach in cooler."
- "Critical. Observed toxic item stored by food."
- "Critical. Observed buildup of slime on soda dispensing nozzles."
- "Critical. Observed encrusted material on can opener."
- "Critical. Observed interior of microwave soiled."
- "Critical. Observed improper horizontal separation of raw animal foods and ready-to-eat foods. raw chicken next ready to ready to eat food."
- "Critical. Potentially hazardous food not held at 135 degrees Fahrenheit or above."
- "Critical. Observed potentially hazardous food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit."
China King was allowed to reopen following an ordered clean up and re-inspection.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.