OGDEN, Utah - A Utah man abandoned his 5-year-old daughter on a college campus and left her to fend for herself in cold temperatures.
Footage from surveillance video over the weekend shows the young girl remained in the same spot where her father told to stay.
- Miami preacher accused of pimping teenage boys at adult book store, motels
- Armed robber targets wrong person in Plantation, police say
- Video shows Coral Springs road rage victim approaching firefighter's truck
- Judge aims to set trial date in Corey Jones fatal shooting for summer 2017
- Small plane catches fire at Fort Lauderdale Executive Airport after…
Gina Weaver, the girl's mother, told Fox 13 the man told her daughter, "to shut up, and lay down and go to sleep."
Good4Utah.com reports the father is Adrian Sanchez and that he left on a bus after abandoning his daughter.
A security guard at Ogden-Weber Applied Technology College found the girl Sunday morning, hurt and crying.
The girl was reportedly running towards the guard for help when she tripped and fell. The girl suffered scrapes on her knee and hand.
Weaver claims she has had problems with Sanchez in the past, but courts denied a previous protective order she had requested.
Ogden police are investigating the incident and Sanchez could be charged with felony child abandonment.
Copyright 2016 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.