FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Tuesday, October 9, 2012 is the last day to register to vote for the upcoming General Election. We would like to inform Broward County voters that in order to accommodate the potential voter, our offices will remain open Monday, October 8 and Tuesday, October 9, 2012 until 7:00 p.m.
New voter applications must be in our office by 7:00 p.m. next Tuesday, October 9, 2012 or must bear a postmark of October 9.
Once you are registered to vote, please remember that you will receive your voter information card in two to three weeks. While you wait for your voter information card, you can find pertinent information regarding your polling place on our website by clicking on Precinct Finder .
- You do not need your voter information card in order to vote as it is not a form of ID. The voter information card is an informational piece.
- Florida law requires voters to present a picture ID with signature. Acceptable forms of ID are: Florida Driver's License (quickest to process), Florida ID Card (quickest to process), US Passport, Military or Student ID, Public Assistance ID, Neighborhood association identification and Debit/Credit Card.
- If the voter's picture ID does not contain a signature, an additional document with signature may be used.
- By law, your voter ID must be current and valid.
- You will be asked for ID, if you do not have ID, by law you MUST vote a Provisional Ballot.
- I.D. required and checked at the polls is used solely to confirm the voter's identity, not to verify the voter's ID number or address. The photograph on the ID is compared to the person standing before the poll worker and the signature on the ID is compared to the signature on record.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.