MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - A man who was questioned by police in connection with a fatal shooting in Miami Beach has been released from custody.
Miami Beach police spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez said the man was released late Tuesday night, but the investigation into his involvement continues.
More Miami Beach Headlines
- 1 in custody after car believed to be used in South Beach shooting found…
- 'Katy, keep walking,' man says before being shot to death in South Beach
- Missing person case connected to South Beach killing, officials say
- Victim's friend seeks justice after fatal shooting in Miami Beach
- Man shot, killed in alley behind Miami Beach karaoke bar
The man was taken into custody after a Honda Accord that was believed to have been used in the shooting was found in Miami.
Police said Kamil Patel, 29, and a friend were walking in an alley near the Kill Your Idol karaoke bar late Thursday when a gunman got out of the passenger side of an Accord and shot Patel.
The car was traced to Orestes Marrero, who was reported missing Friday. Rodriguez said Marrero was found Tuesday night and is cooperating with investigators.
A reward of $20,000 is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Patel's killer. In addition to $5,000 being donated to Patel's family, Mango's Tropical Café donated $2,000, Crime Stoppers contributed $3,000, the Miami Beach Police Department contributed $5,000 and Prada, where Patel used to work, donated $5,000.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.