WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A man who kept pigeons was electrocuted Saturday afternoon when he used a metal pole to remove one of his birds from a power line.
Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Teri Barbera said Elian Garcia-Rivera, 36, was in the backyard of his home on Purdy Lane when he spotted one of his pigeons on a power line running above.
She said Garcia-Rivera got a 20-foot aluminum pole and tried to remove the bird, but he touched the power line and was electrocuted.
Garcia-Rivera was pronounced dead at an area hospital.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.