Trump bans Univision employees from Trump National Doral

Trump blasts anchor Jorge Ramos for requesting interview

By Amanda Batchelor - Senior Digital Editor

DORAL, Fla. - Presidential hopeful and prominent businessman Donald Trump notified the president/CEO of Univison that his employees are no longer permitted on Trump National Doral property.

In a letter sent Friday, Trump told Randy Falco, "Please be advised that under no circumstances is any officer or representative of Univision allowed to use Trump National Doral, Miami -- its golf courses or any of its facilities."

He also told Falco to "immediately stop work and close the gate which is being constructed between our respective properties. If this is not done within one week, we will close it. Also it's too bad you didn't have the courage to call me yourself instead of delegating the task to Beau."

The letter came a day after the largest Spanish-language TV station announced that it would no longer have a business relationship with Trump, and that it would not air the Miss USA or Miss Universe pageants on its network because of Trump's recent comments about Mexican immigrants.

Trump quickly threatened a lawsuit against Univision, which he said is bound by a five-year contract.

After the announcement, Trump tweeted Thursday, "Univision wants to back out of signed @MissUniverse contract because I exposed the terrible trade deals that the U.S. makes with Mexico."

Trump closed the letter sent to Falco by saying, "P.S. Please congratulate your Mexican Government officials for having made such outstanding trade deals with the United States. However, inform them that should I become President, those days are over. We are bringing jobs back to the U.S. Also, a meaningful border will be immediately created, not the laughingstock that currently exists."

Trump also fired off at prominent Univision anchor Jorge Ramos after Ramos called Trump's remarks "absurd" and "prejudiced," and then sent him a letter requesting an interview.

"Univision said they don't like Trump yet Jorge Ramos and their other anchors are begging for interviews," Trump posted Friday to his Instagram account, accompanied by a photo of a handwritten letter sent by Ramos.

"Mr. Trump: I want to write you personally to request an interview. But so far, your team has declined," Ramos wrote. "I am sure you have a lot of things to say… and I have a lot of things to ask. I'll go to New York or wherever you would like."

Ramos went on to give Trump his personal cellphone number in case he wanted to talk over the phone first.

Ramos closed the letter by writing, "I know this is an important issue for you and for me."

It doesn't appear that Trump will be granting the interview request any time soon.

Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10

Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.