FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Firefighters capped a gas leak that caused an evacuation of Fort Lauderdale High School.
A full 250-gallon propane gas tank located near the cafeteria was leaking about 1:50 p.m. Thursday.
HazMat reported that metal on the underside of the tank had signs of deterioration. The leak was capped by 4 p.m.
Because the evacuation occurred close to the time of dismissal, students were picked up at another location.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.