Rules and regulations you need to know to enjoy your time at a Miami Heat game at the American Airlines Arena:
- In general, doors open to public (1) hour prior to the printed event time.
- A valid, printed ticket is required to enter the Arena. Arena personnel can use your printed ticket to direct you to your correct seat location within the Arena and assist you in locating your party in the event you become separated. Arena personnel may request to see your ticket at any time during the event.
- The AmericanAirlines Arena requests that guests arrive early and travel light, as all guests and bags entering the AmericanAirlines Arena are subject to search. Only fanny packs, purses, or small clear plastic bags will be permitted into the Arena.
- For the safety of our guests, AmericanAirlines Arena does not permit certain items into the Arena. Prohibited items include:
- Bags, backpacks, briefcases, duffle bags larger than 14" x 14"
- Outside food or beverage
- Bottles, cans and coolers
- Cameras with an extended lens larger than 6"
- Recording devices, tripods, and professional camera auxiliary lenses
- Illegal substances
- Laser pointers
- Whistles, horns or other noise makers
- Weapons of any kind
Management reserves the right to restrict any article not specifically listed above. Management or Security personnel may request to inspect any bag or purse, entering into the Arena.
- Alcohol is sold only to guests 21 years of age and older, with proper identification. There is a (2) drink maximum per purchase per person.
- Video cameras are not allowed in the Arena. The use of "non-professional" still cameras, without flash, is permitted during Miami HEAT home games. The use of still cameras during concerts and other events hosted at the Arena, will be determined on an event-by-event basis.
- The AmericanAirlines Arena is a "smoke-free" facility. "Smoking" (which includes emitting vapors via e-cigarettes) is limited to the suite outdoor balconies, main concourse balconies (Sections 104-108, 116-120), upper concourse balconies (Sections 308, 324 and 417), and the East Plaza (outside the Arena by Sections 111-114).
- For most events, including Miami HEAT home games, children under two years of age may enter AA Arena free of charge, providing that he/she sits on the lap of a parent or guardian. AA Arena recommends that guests with children under the age of two (2) years old bring proof of the infants' age with them to expedite entry. Valid forms of identification are a government-issued birth certificate or passport. Guests 2 years of age and older must have a ticket to enter the Arena.
- The National Basketball Association, Miami HEAT, and AmericanAirlines Arena are committed to creating a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable sports & entertainment experience. NBA fans have a right to expect an environment where:
- Players respect and appreciate each and every fan.
- Guests will be treated in a consistent, professional and courteous manner by all arena and team personnel.
- Guests will enjoy the basketball experience free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court will be immediately ejected from the game.
- Guests will smoke in designated smoking areas only.
- There will not be any obscene or indecent messages on signs or clothing.
- Guests will comply with requests from arena staff regarding arena operations and emergency response procedures.
- Guests will also be responsible for their own good time by reporting inappropriate behavior.
The arena staff has been trained to intervene where necessary to help ensure that the above expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest usher, security guard or guest services staff member. Guests who choose not to adhere to these provisions will be subject to ejection without refund, and revocation of season tickets and may also be in violation of city ordinances resulting in possible arrest and prosecution.
The NBA, Miami HEAT, and AmericanAirlines Arena thank you for adhering to the provisions of the NBA Fan Code of Conduct.
Copyright 2013 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.