Stormy weekend weather closing some COVID-19 testing sites temporarily
Some COVID-19 testing sites in South Florida will be closed this weekend because of heavy rain, thunderstorms and wind gusts expected.
The Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM) announced that state supported drive-thru COVID-19 and walk-up COVID-19 testing sites will be closed from Friday, May 15 through Sunday, May 17.
These sites will reopen Monday, May 18.
- CB Smith Park, 900 North Flamingo Road, Pembroke Pines
- Broward War Memorial, 800 NE Eighth Street, Fort Lauderdale
- Mitchell Moore Park, 901 NW 10th St., Pompano Beach (Walk up testing)
- Urban League, 560 NW 27th Ave., Fort Lauderdale (Walk up testing)
The City of Fort Lauderdale also announced that the closures will affect the drive-thru COVID-19 testing site at Holiday Park in Fort Lauderdale, located at 1150 G. Harold Martin Drive. That site is scheduled to reopen on Tuesday, May 19.
Individuals with appointments for the Holiday Park testing site for Friday, May 15 and Saturday, May 16 should call 1-800-209-7919, Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. to reschedule their appointments.
Miami Dade County
- Amelia Earhart Park, 401 E. 65th St., Hialeah
- Hard Rock Stadium, 347 Don Shula Drive, Miami Gardens
- Holy Family Catholic Church, 14500 NE 11th Ave., Miami (Walk up testing)
- Marlins Stadium, 501 Marlins Way, Miami
- Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Drive (Walk up testing)
Get more info about the testing sites here.
Copyright 2020 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.