SHOW MORE 

Man dies after fire erupts inside Hollywood home

Photo does not have a caption

HOLLYWOOD, Fla. – One person has died after a fire erupted inside a home in Hollywood.

Sky 10 was above the scene in the 1900 block of Buchanan Street shortly before 7 a.m. Wednesday as one of the residents, a man who appeared to be unconscious, was taken out of the home on a gurney.

Smoke could still be seen coming from the house.

“It was a lot of flames up front,” one neighbor said.

Neighbors told Local 10 News reporter Saira Anwer that the fire broke out around 6:30 a.m. They said the man who was taken to the hospital had been living inside the garage. They said he died at the hospital.

“My heart immediately dropped because it was just yesterday we spoke to him,” one neighbor said.

The neighbor said the man had suffered a stroke in the past and dealt with several other health issues. Another neighbor said he tried to get the man out of the burning building before firefighters arrived.

“I put my hand in here and tried to pull him out,” he said.

Neighbors said they don’t know how the fire started.

Click here to receive breaking news alerts from Local10.com.


About the Authors: