Man critical after carbon monoxide poisoning

Bobby Floyd taken to St. Mary's Medical Center

Headline Goes Here

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. - A man who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning was listed in critical condition Wednesday morning.

Bobby Floyd was admitted to St. Mary's Medical Center in West Palm Beach.

Floyd and his wife, Wylene, were found unconscious in their apartment at 199 NE 202nd Terrace on Tuesday afternoon. Wylene Floyd, 77, died.

"I was in shock and I basically already knew because I've taken care of patients with carbon monoxide poisoning before and if you don't get to them in time kind of already know," said Paulette Campbell, the couple's granddaughter.

Campbell said they had been married for more than 30 years. She said late Monday, neighbors told the landlord about a gaseous odor in their apartments, adding that a new gas stove had been recently installed in her grandparents' apartment.

Copyright 2013 by All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.