Man electrocuted working on AC unit in Pompano Beach

Anthony Nunez of Boca Raton was 37-years-old

Headline Goes Here

POMPANO BEACH, Fla. - A 37-year-old worker died of an apparent electrocution Thursday morning as he worked on an air conditioning unit in Pompano Beach, according to authorities.

At 10:55 a.m., Broward Sheriff's Office deputies and Pompano Beach Fire Rescue responded to a call at Big Bear Storage and Packing at 709 Northwest 12th Terrace.

Deputies said they found 37-year-old Anthony Nunez of Boca Raton on the roof.

Paramedics said they conducted advanced life support on Nunez before transporting him to Broward Health North, where he was pronounced dead.

Nunez was an independent contractor hired by Commercial Ice to do the air conditioning work, authorities said.

BSO homicide detectives said they believe Nunez may have been shocked by an exposed electrical wire.

The death remains under investigation by BSO.

Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.