ME awaits toxicology in bug eater's death

Edward Archbold dies after roach-eating contest at Ben Siegel Reptiles

Headline Goes Here

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - The Broward Medical Examiner's Office was awaiting results of a toxicology report before finishing the autopsy of a man who died after eating dozens of insects as part of a contest to win a python.

Edward Archbold, 32, died shortly after participating in a roach-eating contest at Ben Siegel Reptiles in Deerfield Beach on Friday evening.

Ben Siegel, the owner of the store, said contestants must sign a waiver saying they are sober and don't have allergies to shellfish, which have similar allergens to cockroaches.

The Medical Examiner's Office said the toxicology report should be finished in about two weeks.

Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.