Mom dies hours after cleaning up drugs from son's overdose

By Jeff Tavss - Executive Producer
Headline Goes Here

CAMBRIA COUNTY, Pa. - A mother who was cleaning up her son's drug paraphernalia following his overdose died from her own overdose, possibly by absorbing drugs through her skin during the clean up.

Theresa Plummer, 69, originally found her son, Ronald, passed out in his Cambria County, Pa. home on Nov. 6. Plummer returned to the home the same day Ronald was hospitalized in order to help and clean up.

After the clean up, Plummer was taken to the hospital after complaining of shortness of breath. Plummer died shortly after her hospitalization.

Her son died a day later.

WPXI reports the coroner believes Plummer most likely absorbed a drug through her skin, or had a reaction after handling the substances.

"Again this is a caution for safety, for anyone coming into contact with any type of powder substance,” Coroner Jeff Lees told the station. “You should use extreme caution and notify the proper authorities."