Convicted burglar arrested in 2013 South Beach rape

Blitz Santana Monestine, 30, charged with sexual battery, false imprisonment

By Amanda Batchelor - Senior Digital Editor

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. - A convicted burglar accused of raping a woman at a South Beach lifeguard stand in 2013 has been arrested.

Blitz Santana Monestine, 30, was arrested last Thursday and charged with sexual battery, false imprisonment, battery and resisting an officer without violence.

Police said DNA tests linked Monestine to the rape in December 2013. A second man involved in the case has not been identified.

Police said Monestine and the other suspect raped the victim at the 17th Street lifeguard stand after she left a nightclub on May 5, 2013.

According to a Miami Herald report, Monestine was in federal prison on an unrelated gun charge for 19 months before his release last month.

He is now back behind bars.

Follow Local 10 News on Twitter @WPLGLocal10

Copyright 2015 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.