Official: Child sets of firework in bedroom, starts fire

No injuries reported

Headline Goes Here

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. - Officials said a fire started at a Miami Gardens home Friday after a child lit a firecracker in his bedroom.

The fire happened at a home near 185th Drive and 10th Avenue.

Officials said the child accidentally set the house on fire by setting off a firecracker.

The American Red Cross is helping the family. The child was referred to a fire starter program.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2012 by Post Newsweek. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.