FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - More students in South Florida were taking part again Thursday in the "Never Again" movement by walking out of class.
The walkouts came a day after thousands of students across Miami-Dade and Broward counties marched in support of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School victims.
More Parkland School Shooting Headlines
- Final goodbye for Marjory Stoneman Douglas hero honors 'extraordinary man'
- Florida Panthers host blood drive in honor of Parkland school shooting victims
- Fort Lauderdale High School JROTC program pays tribute to victims of MSD…
- Sen. Marco Rubio on the defensive on gun control
- Photos: Funeral for school shooting victim Aaron Feis
- Photos: Funeral service for school shooting victim Chris Hixon
- Photos: Marjory Stoneman Douglas supporters attend rally at Florida…
- Photos: Students in Maryland march in support of gun reform legislation
- Photos: Hundreds protest school shooting at U.S. Capitol and White House
- Photos: Funeral for school shooting victim Peter Wang
- Photos: Funeral for school shooting victim Alaina Petty
- Photos: Funeral service for Alyssa Miriam Alhadeff
- Photos: Funeral for school shooting victim Meadow Pollack
- Photos: Funeral for school shooting victim Scott Beigel
- Nikolas Cruz appears in court Feb. 19
- School shooting memorial set up at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- Trump pushes suggestions to prevent gun violence
- Armed school resource officer stayed outside as Florida shooting…
- Walkouts in solidarity with Parkland
- Grieving Parkland father to Trump: 'I'm not going to sleep until it is fixed'
- Here is the list of the 71 who voted against bringing HB 219 to Florida…
- Timeline of shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School
- Who were the victims of the Parkland school shooting?
- Mast Academy students protest for gun control
- Hialeah Gardens High School students protest for gun control
- Pembroke Pines Charter School students protest for gun control
- Cooper City High School students protest for gun control
- West Broward High School students protest for gun control
- Coral Springs High School students protest for gun control
- J.P Taravella High School students protest for gun control
- Northeast High School students protest for gun control
- Dillard High School students protest for gun control
- Miami Beach Senior High School students protest for gun control
- Students across US face punishment for anti-gun walkouts
- Hollywood school locks gates, prevents students from gun control walkout
An organized protest wrapped up shortly before noon at Sheridan Technical High School in Fort Lauderdale.
The students stayed on campus, gathering on the sports field as they carried signs and chanted things like, "Enough is enough. It could have been us."
Some of the signs read, "Make schools safe again" and "#Never Again. #Kids have a voice."
"We are protesting the inadequacy of our Congress, of our representatives in this state," student Lorena Manasturean said.
"We need laws and action to prevent school shootings from happening," another student, Chelsea Villard, said. "This needs to be the last, and we are out here making a voice so that this is the last."
The students are calling for changes to gun laws after Nikolas Cruz fatally shot 17 people on Valentine's Day with an AR-15 rifle.
"No one should have to be put through this. The families are grieving and we want change and we need it," student Kaleigh Richardson said.
On Wednesday, some protesters gathered on school sports fields while other protests spilled into the streets. Some students even walked from their schools to Stoneman Douglas.
Copyright 2018 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.