FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A state inspector found a live rodent in a trap under a bread oven at Cucina Veneziana Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale.
Records show rodent droppings were also discovered as well and the restaurant's doors were ordered shut.
State records show a roach issue was discovered at Adolphe Take-Out, Brother Jimmy's BBQ and Cachita Restaurant in Miami Dade County.
Below is a list of places and some of their violations. All of the places mentioned were allowed to re-open following an ordered clean up and re-inspection.
***Brother Jimmy's BBQ
11401 NW 12th St.
Ordered shut Dec. 28
20 violations found
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. In kitchen; 1 behind ice machine, 4 under cooking equipment, 7 by cove molding behind smoker, and 1 inside out of order ice machine Dishwashing area: 4 under dish machine."
"Stop Sale issued due to food not being in a wholesome, sound condition. Syrup bottles, and beer bottles inside ice bin, ice used for drinks."
"Small flying insects in bar area. Observed approximately 5 flies in bar by dump sink **Repeat Violation**."
"Food stored in ice used for drinks. See stop sale. Syrup bottles, and beer bottles inside ice bin, ice used for drinks."
"Dead roaches on premises. In kitchen: One dead on table (silverware on) next to ice machine, four on shelf under expeditor."
"Soda gun holster with accumulated slime/debris. **Repeat Violation**"
"Dish machine chlorine sanitizer not at proper minimum strength. Discontinue use of dish machine for sanitizing and set up manual sanitization until dish machine is repaired and sanitizing properly. 0 ppm chlorine in kitchen."
"Potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food cold held at greater than 41 degrees Fahrenheit. Coleslaw (61°F - Cold Holding); potato salad (60°F - Cold Holding) in front line, manager discarded. **Corrective Action Taken**"
"Food stored on floor."
1116 Normandy Drive
Ordered shut Dec. 29
11 violations found
"Roach activity present as evidenced by live roaches found. Observed approximately 8 live roaches in cabinet at front counter, approximately 5 underneath prep table on east side in kitchen, and approximately 4 on walls in dry storage area."
"Stop sale issued on potentially hazardous (time/temperature control for safety) food due to temperature abuse. Beef, beans, cut lettuces."
"Accumulation of black/green mold-like substance in the interior of the ice machine."
"Dead roaches on premises. Approximately 9 dead roaches in dry storage room."
***Adolphe Take Out
215 NE 82nd St.
Ordered shut Jan. 7
27 violations found
"Roach activity present as evidenced by approximately 3 live roaches found in a non-working oven, 1 crawling on a thawing case of salt fish on floor and 2 on wall behind equipment in the kitchen area."
"Wall soiled with accumulated grease, food debris, and/or dust. Behind cooking equipment."
"No currently certified food service manager on duty with four or more employees engaged in food preparation/handling."
***La Cucina Veneziana
3471 N. Federal Highway
Ordered shut Jan. 3
11 violations found
"One live rodent present in a trap in the kitchen under the bread oven. Employee cleaned the area."
"Rodent activity present as evidenced by dry rodent droppings found. Approximately 50 droppings in the dry storage area behind the chest freezer, behind the storage room door, and under all shelves. The dry storage area was separated from the kitchen by a door. Two dry droppings under the wine storage shelf."
"Certified food manager or person in charge lacks knowledge of food borne illnesses and symptoms of illness that would prevent an employee from working with food, clean equipment and utensils, and single-service items."
"Raw animal foods not properly separated from one another based upon minimum required cooking temperature in reach-in freezer. Raw chicken was over raw veal in the reach in cooler under the slicer. Employee moved the chicken to a proper location."
"Raw animal food stored over ready-to-eat food. Raw fish over ice cream containers in reach in freezer near wait station. Employee moved the fish to a proper location."
Copyright 2017 by WPLG Local10.com - All rights reserved.