By submitting an entry to this contest, brought to you by Scenic Tours USA ("Sponsor") and WPLG-TV ("Station"), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these official contest rules ("Official Rules"). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. By entering the contest, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the contest itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Station, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the contest.
1. Prize - Scenic Tours USA will provide one (1) certificate to one (1) winner ("winner" or "Certificate Holder") consisting of a value of up to $15,390 for a trip for two (2) on a Scenic Cruises, Jewels of Europe Luxury River Cruise.
Trip includes: A 15 day / 14 night River Cruise (note: the Prize winner can select from one of the following cruise departures: June 25th, 2014 (BUD-AMS), July 6th, 2014 (AMS-BUD), July 23rd 2014 (BUD-AMS) and July 30th 2014 (AMS-BUD)) one Cabin, double occupancy with airfare (incl. all taxes and surcharges) from the USA to the Cruise Departure/Arrival Points (Amsterdam or Budapest); forty one (41) meals and complimentary beverages while on the cruise (excluding premium spirits, French champagne and selected wines), airport transfers in the cruise departure and arrival airport and port fees & applicable taxes (except as described herein). Airfares are in economy in specific classes with scheduled airlines of Scenic Tour's choice.
The Certificate Holder andtraveling companion must be 21 years of age or older.
The Certificate Holder and his/her traveling companion are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein including, without limitation, transportation in their home destination (The Certificate Holder and his/her traveling companion are solely responsible for all costs incurred to and from the departure airport in the USA), meals and beverages (except as described herein), room service, laundry, merchandise, telephone calls, additional nights or upgrades, travel insurance together with any required travel documentation, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature, together with any applicable overnight layover. Departure dates and accommodation are subject to availability and change without notice or compensation. It is the sole responsibility of the Certificate Holder and his/her traveling companion to obtain all necessary travel documentation including passports and visas, as applicable, and to comply with any customs and immigration requirements. The Certificate Holder and his/her traveling companion must be able to travel and use the certificate for one of the four departure dates listed herein (subject to availability at the time of booking) or the certificate will be forfeited. It is recommended that the Certificate Holder and his/her traveling companion obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure. Approximate retail value of the certificate is up to fifteen thousand three hundred ninety ($15,390.00) USD based on a 15 day / 14 night Jewels of Europe River Cruise with economy airfare (incl. taxes and surcharges) and port fees.
The Prize must be accepted as awarded. The Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Scenic Tours reserve the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. No change in travel arrangements can be made by the winner once the booking has been confirmed. Certificate is subject to all applicable federal, state and municipal laws and regulations.
2. Eligibility. Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents who are 21 years of age or older at time of entry and reside in the Station's local viewing area, and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations. Employees of Station and Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and members of these employees' immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and those living in the same household with these employees, are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law.
3. How To Enter. To enter you must provide the information required on the contest entry page on the Local 10 Facebook page (any additional entry requirements will be posted on the contest entry page). Contest participants can enter contest between October 28, 2013 and November 22, 2013 on the Local 10 Facebook page. All entries must be received by November 22, 2013 5:00 PM EST. No other form of entry will be accepted. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of the facebook, e-mail or telephone account from which the entry is made. Limited to one entry per person.
Multiple entries received from any person or Facebook account or e-mail address or telephone number will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned. By checking the relevant box or selection in the registration form, entrants agree that the Sponsor may contact the entrant via email with information about pre-selected goods or services. If you do not wish to receive these materials do not check the relevant box in the entry form. If at any time you do not wish to receive these materials in the future, please use the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message. Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
4. Selection of Winners. One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected. The drawing will be conducted by Local 10 contest administrators on or about Friday, November 22, 2013 after 5:00 PM EST. Contest winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, prize acceptance form and/or, where lawful, a publicity release within ten (10) days of winning or being notified of winning (sooner for time sensitive prizes), or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return any required affidavit/release/prize acceptance form within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Station reserves the right to contact all contest entrants to confirm the registration entry. The official registration list will remain the property of Station.
5. All taxes not specifically included in the prize certificate, but that are associated with claiming/use/acceptance of the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner. By accepting this certificate, each entrant consents to the collection, use and distribution of his or her personal information (information that identifies an entrant as an individual, such as home telephone number, age and home address) by Scenic Tours for the purposes of implementing, administering and fulfilling this certificate. Scenic Tours will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this certificate. By participating, entrant releases and agrees to hold harmless the Sponsor, Station and their respective parent, affiliates, suppliers, agency and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agent from any and all liability for any injuries, warranty, costs, losses or damages of any kind to persons and/or property or any other claim arising from acceptance, possession, use/misuse of any prize or participation in this Contest. By accepting prize, where legal, winner grants to Sponsor and Station the right to use the winner's name, picture, voice, likeness and biographical information for advertising/promotional/trade purposes, and any and all rights to such use, without additional consideration.
6. The winner's name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it. For the name of winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to "SCENIC CRUISE 5-STAR FANTASY GIVEAWAY" 3401 W. Hallandale Beach Boulevard, Pembroke Park, FL 33023.
7. Disclaimer and Representations. Neither Sponsor nor Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, STATION MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like online entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and result in disqualification of any entrant using such methods. Neither Station nor Sponsor is responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the contest.
Winner assumes all liability for any injuries or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the contest and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases the Station and Sponsor and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. Neither the Station nor the Sponsor, nor their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for: the failure of any entry to be received by the Station due to computer failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, telecommunications, network, electronic, telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, or any equipment malfunctions or other technical difficulties that may prevent the Station from receiving any entry submission; entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged; any injury or damage to the entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this contest; or any human errors, any inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials or errors in these Official Rules. If applicable, text message and data rates may
apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for any method of entry.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station's website or Facebook page. Failure to comply with the Official Rules of the contest may result in an entrant's disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. All decisions of the Station's management with respect to the contest are final. Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, or for any other reason whatsoever. The Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, which may include, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement or posting. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any event related to the contest or prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or has a change of venue, the Station reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the contest and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook. By entering this contest, Entrant forever releases and discharges, and agrees to hold harmless, Facebook together with its subsidiaries and affiliates for any and all claims, causes of action, liabilities and damages whatsoever, without limitation.
Copyright 2013 by Local10.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.